The Provincial Advisor - Care and Treatment will support the Provincial Deputy Director in providing technical and operational guidance and oversight to the project teams at district and site level, in the Western province. She/he will assist in coordinating the daily, weekly and monthly project activities reports and monitor progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Provide technical support to the districts and health facilities to ensure that all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to the care and treatment, including reporting, implementation of project work plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation are conducted as per project work plan.
- Provide mentorship to the health care workers in districts/health facilities in line with ICAP technical strategies which includes daily/weekly review of key data elements.
- Ensure utilization of ICAP's site support strategy to achieve epidemic control, use frequently collected data elements to identify and suggest changes in the implementation of site support priorities.
- Initiate and participate in Quality Improvement capacity building activities and QI projects as needed based on identified gaps
- Provide support for the strengthening of appropriate differentiated service delivery (DSD) models for recipients of care
- Perform other duties as directed
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Medical Officer, Clinical Officer or Medical Licentiate.
- Master's Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health an added advantage.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in HIV prevention, care and treatment, with excellent knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV programming.
- At least 5 years experience with HIV healthcare delivery in resource limited setting.
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and supervising of clinical teams.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills
- Fully registered with the relevant professional body (HPCZ or GNC) ) with a current practicing license for 2020
- Computer literate
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com