We are seeking an organized and energetic project coordinator to join our growing organisation. Working with the current team, the Coordinator shall lead in organising and implementing project activities mainly for Coding Clubs in relevant Schools within Lusaka, Zambia.
Working in a team environment, he/she will organise activities, manage schedules, and ensure all materials and information are present to meet project timelines. This role is essential to coordinating Coding Clubs activities and demands appreciable level of organisation, professionalism and energy.
Duties and responsibilities
The Coordinator will be expected to:
- Based on approved scope and requirements translate project objectives into appropriate schedule of tasks and assign relevant tasks to field/school teams
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities
- Ensure that all activities are delivered on-time, within scope, and within approved budget
- Monitor project performance, expenditures and procurement
- Propose to management changes to the project scope, project schedule/activities with respect to current blockers, risks, overflows, and deficits
- Report comprehensively, on a monthly basis, to management on the project status based 0n approved project performance indicators
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Participate in teamâ??s performance reviews
- Perform any other lawful duties as assigned by management
Education/Academic: Diploma in ICT/Computer Science or Business Management or Project Management or Education with emphasis in science education/computing
Specialized knowledge: Project management, Computing, team building
Skills/Abilities: Team working, Situation analysis, coding, etc
Experience: Coordinating project teams, working with secondary school students and teachers
This role demands frequent travel to participating schools working with both teachers and students. Occasionally, one would be required to work on regular evenings and weekend.
This role demands extensive use of computers.
Competitive package to be negotiated with successful candidates with respect to work experience, qualifications and other relevant factors
For more job vacancies in Zambia, visit truezambiajobs.com